The Flower Challenge # 35

Poppies Thank You Card.

I follow Therese Calvird from Lost in Paper and when I saw this Challenge on her blog I knew the flower I would use.

 I was over the moon as I just love to colour and flowers are my all time favourites and the beautiful poppy is the top of the list. Being married to a career soldier and a Vietnam vet it has a very special place in my heart. Both of our fathers served in WW2 and my husbands Grandfather served in WW1. At 11th November 1918 the guns on the Western Front fell silent after more than 4 years of continuous warfare and it started a tradition of 2 minutes silence on the 11th day of the 11th month at 11am the following year. This was later changed to 1 minute and the poppy is the symbol of that day that we call Remembrance Day and now commemorates all those who died or suffered for Australia's cause in all wars and armed conflicts. I made a thank you card and this is the result. 


I coloured it with copics but I have lost the slip of paper with the colours and the stamp is from My Favorite Things  and this is my card for the challenge.. 

Comments

  1. I'm from New Zealand and fell in love with your card as soon as I saw it. Poppies are a symbol of ANZAC Day here in NZ too and making a thank you card is such a wonderful commemorative thing to do. Your colouring of the flowers is incredible and creating the turquoise background against the orange is spectacular. It certainly caught my eye in the Gallery and I'm very grateful to your husband and that you have shared this card with us at The Flower Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Poppies and a gorgeous card. Love the colors and the blue background really makes the flowers pop. Gorgeous job and thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beccy's May 2023 Challenge

AAA Cards Cas Challenge

Happy Birthday